Grammy's Mexican Casserole4
Servings: 4 people
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup frozen veggies
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons favorite spicy salsa I use La Victoria Hot Salsa
- 2 teaspoons In Emily’s Kitchen Fiesta Blend
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime juice
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- First turn on your oven to 350º.
- In a dutch oven, melt your butter on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with 1-2 teaspoons of salt.
- Add in the tomatoes and rice. Toast the rice for 4-5 minutes with the onions and tomatoes on medium heat.
- Then add in the Fiesta Blend, beans, frozen veggies, Rotel, salsa and chicken broth. Stir together and then add in 1/2 cup of jack and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- Cover the pot with the lid and put it the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, top with the remaining cheese and put it back in the oven for 5 minutes without the lid.
The cheese should be perfectly melted! Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
With love + salt, Emily