Instant Pot Black Bean Soup4
Ok, so I finally jumped on this Instant Pot train and the consensus is that its incredible but takes away some of my favorite aspects of cooking. It’s like the scene in Spy Kids when they put a little bag in this microwave like thing, push a button and they open it to find a full on Happy Meal from McDonalds. But on the flip side, you can cook totally raw beans in about 30 minutes. That's insane. So here is a quick and easy recipe for a decadent and delicious black bean soup that you can make as a perfect weeknight dinner.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 chopped White Onion
- 3 strips of Bacon - chopped
- 2-3 canned chipotle peppers - chopped
- 3 spoonfuls of the chipotle pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped Garlic
- 2 cups dry black beans
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- bunch of cilantro
- 1 cup milk
- creme fraiche
- Sauté the onion and bacon first in a saucepan for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the bacon and onions to the instant pot and all the other ingredients except the milk into the pot on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once the instant pot timer has gone off, carefully release the pressure. Once it has finished releasing the steam, remove the beans from the instant pot and pour into a normal pot over the stove.
- Use a hand blender to mix it together. I added 1 cup of whole milk to make it creamy. Add the milk slowly while the hand mixer is going to prevent the milk from curdling.
- Serve with cream friache, sliced radish, cilantro, avocado and a squeeze of fresh lime!
with love + salt