Instant Pot Korean Braised Short Ribs4
- 2 pounds of beef short ribs - bone in
- 1 yellow or brown onion - chopped into half moons
- 1 apple cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons diced ginger
- 4 larges cloves of diced garlic
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Korean hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Green onion
- Cucumber salad - see recipe in salads and sides!
- Soak the short ribs in cold water for 20 minutes to draw out any excess blood.
Meanwhile, make the sauce!
- Combine the chopped garlic, ginger, tamari or soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, and Korean chili sauce and lime juice. Season gently with salt and pepper, about a teaspoon of each. Mix together and give it aa stir to see if you think it needs anything!
- Now, let's sauté the onion and apples! Start the instant pot on the sauté mode. Add in 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Add in the onions and apples with a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Give it a stir and allow them to become soft.
- Drain the short ribs from their water and dry with a paper towel. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. You want to get the short ribs completely seasoned - this should taken about a tablespoon of salt and pepper.
- By this time the apples and onions should be sweating nicely. Now add in the sauce into the instant pot. Next, nestle in the short ribs into the sauce so they are covered with the apples, onions and sauce. Add in about 1/2 a cup of water. Give it a little stir.
Now set the Instant Pot!
- Put the lid on and twist until your hear the beep that it is on. Set the mode to pressure cook and cook it for an hour and 20 minutes. Make sure the vent is closed!
- After the timer goes off, carefully release the pressure using a wooden spoon to open the vent. After about 10 minutes of releasing the