Italian Beef Pot Roast4
Servings: 4 people
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1/2 white onion - roughly chopped
- 3 stalks of celery - roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - chopped
- 1 tablespoon In Emily’s Kitchen Signature Spice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pepperoncinis with their juices - more if you like it spicy!
- In a large dutch oven heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil on medium heat. Season the chuck roast with 1/2 of the tablespoon of In Emily’s Kitchen Signature spice.
- Sear the chuck roast in the dutch oven on all sides, 3 minutes per side on medium high heat. Then add in the olive oil, onion, celery and garlic to the dutch oven. Season with the remaining spice blend.
- Add in 3/4 cup dry red wine, beef broth and the pepperoncinis. Give it a good stir and bring to a boil. One it hits a boil cover with the lid and pop into the oven at 300º. Cook the beef for 2-3 hours or until it is pulling apart easily.
Enjoy on French bread with provolone cheese for a sandwich, over pasta, as tacos or on white rice! With love + salt, Emily