Tahini Kale Caesar with Baked Buffalo Chicken2
Servings: 2 people
- 1 Head of Lacinato Kale or Italian Kale
- 4 anchovies
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 few shakes of Worcestershire
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 little water if needed
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 chicken breast cut into small tenders- each breast should make about 5 tenders.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- First set up your dredging station: 1 beaten egg in a shallow bowl, flour in a shallow bowl and Panko in a shallow bowl. Season the flour with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and mix around.
- Start dredging your chicken tenders starting with the flour, then dip into the egg and then the Panko. Once it is fully coated place on a baking sheet with a cooling rack over the baking sheet. This well make sure all side of the chicken tender get crispy!
- Once all pieces of chicken have been coated bake in a 400º oven for 12 minutes. As the chicken bakes work on the salad portion!
- Cut kale off of the stems and discard the stems. Roughly chop the kale and then wash the kale and dry well. Set aside.
Now for the dressing:
- In a blender, combine all the dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Depending on the consistency, you can add a few teaspoons of water to thin it out if necessary!
- Add 1/2 of the dressing to the kale and start to massage the kale with your hands for about 30 seconds. This is to make the kale softer. Place the half dress salad back in the refrigerator.
- In a large saucepan heat 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot and 1 tablespoon of butter on medium heat, stirring until butter is melted and mixture is a little bubbly.
- Add the baked chicken tender into the sauce and coat all side of the chicken in the sauce. This should be a quick process, no more than 2 minutes.
- Once all pieces of chicken are coated, build the salad.
- Take the kale out of the refrigerator and add the rest of the salad dressing and toss.
- Plate the salad and then top with the baked buffalo chicken tenders.
Enjoy with love + salt,