My Magic Unicorn Cookies!
I’m calling these my magic unicorn cookies because there is something about a rainbow sprinkle cookie. I decided to make these on a whim on Monday night just because MJ and I needed a little Monday pick me up! We just needed a little treat as a nice little end to our long Mondays.
Michael gets up and goes to work at the crack of dawn every morning. He is up by 6:15am and out of the door by 6:45am to get to work by 7:15am. Dang. I really do admire him for having the commitment to get up and go to work so early every morning! While I’m still working at my corporate advertising job, I get to work from home much of the time. Which is great because it allows me some flexibility with In Emily’s Kitchen!
However, for those of you that are currently side hustling with your full time job sometimes it can get a little… exhausting. Yes, I know. I feel you girl. Or boy! It is sometimes hard to commit the time you really want to your side gig when you really actually have a job to do where you have to answer to your superiors.
Also, we all want to do our best, right? Well sometimes it feel like we can’t totally commit 150% of ourselves when we’re allocating time to multiple things. Its not to say that it can’t be done and most of the time I can swing it, but every once in a while I need a Magic Unicorn Cookie.
To be completely honest, I think I ate like half of one on Monday night. It wasn’t so much that I needed a sweet treat as much as I needed to feel a little inspiration to keep going. I needed a little reminder of just how much I love to create new food and share it with you. Its hard to keep going sometimes but I promise it will take you somewhere, if you want it to.
I need the reminder from myself that I can do it. Whatever that may be. And I encourage you to try and remind yourself that you can do it. Once of my mentors, Jenna Kutcher, often says we all have a superpower, but we’re almost too close to it to recognize it. I agree. You have a superpower! Find it and use it!
Though I’m still trying to nail exactly what my superpower is, I feel like I’m going in the right direction which is forward.
But for days when you need a little magic pick me up – turn to these sweet treats. They come together in about 10 minutes and they are the perfect cookie to bring a smile to your face.
My Magic Unicorn Cookies!
- 1 stick unsalted butter - softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- In a standing mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar under light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on high speed with the paddle attachment.
- Next, add in the egg and the vanilla and almond extracts. And mix together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together just until they come together. Try not to overtax the dough!
- Lastly, time for the sprinkles! Using a spatula, fold in the sprinkles gently so they don’t crack!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a ice cream scoop. I like to make 9 big cookies with this recipe.
- Pre-heat over to 350º and bake for 13-15 minutes.