Summer Strawberry and Rhubarb Crisp6
Servings: 6 people
- 1 quart of strawberries hulled and quartered
- 4 stalks of rhubarb cute into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of white sugar depending on how sweet you like it!
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 stick unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch together tin a bowl. Set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- As the strawberries and rhubarb begin creating their own juices, work on the crisp topping!
- In a food processor, mix together all the crisp toppings except the butter. Pulse for about 10 seconds until it is all incorporated.
- Pour the topping mixture into a bowl and mix in the butter cubes into the topping mixture with your fingers. Mix together until it become nice and crumbly.
- Place the strawberries into a round glass pyrex. Sprinkle the crisp topping on top of the strawberries and rhubarb. I love a lot of crisp to fruit ratio!
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes and then for another 25 minutes at 325º.
Enjoy! With love + salt, Emily