Zesty Chicken Meatballs4
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 slice white bread
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons In Emily's Kitchen Signature Spice
- First, sauté the diced onion and garlic in a skillet for 4-5 minutes on medium low heat with a teaspoon of olive oil. Season the onions and garlic with 1 teaspoon of salt to help them start to sweat in the pan. After 5 minutes or so, turn it off and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Next, set a piece of white bread on a plate and pour the 3/4 cup of milk over the bread. The bread should be totally saturated with the milk. Allow the milk to soak for 4-5 minutes.
- As it soaks, in a large glass or metal bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, Italian parsley, basil, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and IEK Signature Spice!
- Add the cooled onions and garlic to the chicken mixture.
- Chop the white bread into very small pieces so it almost becomes a paste. Pour the milk soaked bread into the chicken mixture.
- Mix with your hands until combined but try not to over mix or else the meatballs will become tough!
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This should make 12 nicely sized meatballs.
- Bake them at 375º for 40 minutes. They are delicious with your favorite marinara sauce, with lemon, butter and capers over pasta, or even over greens for a protein packed salad!